Location: Rodda Hall North Building
Room: RHN-147 (Inside Counseling Services)
Tel: (916) 558-2486
Fax: (916) 650-2909
Monday thru Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Mailing Address: SCC International Student Center
Rodda Hall North RHN - 147
3835 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95822-1386
Counseling Web: www.scc.losrios.edu/x1137.xml
International Center Staff
Student Personnel Assistant/DSO
Mayra J. Jimenez
Student Personnel Assistant/DSO
WHY GO TO COLLEGE?
Is a college degree worth it? Does it make sense to spend up to 3 to 4 years at a community college to graduate and/or complete transfer university courses (time involved depends on your entry basic skill levels in English and Math)?
Yes, college educated workers earn an increasingly greater salary than non-graduates. It can pave the way for you to enjoy a fuller life, travel, make life-long friends and expand job opportunities.
WELCOME TO SACRAMENTO CITY COLLEGE (SCC):
SCC campus, founded in 1916 as part of the California community college system, is one of the largest systems of higher education in the world. SCC is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges and offers Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degrees. International students can get a quality education at reasonable prices. Also, many students may choose to save money by successfully completing lower division courses to meet bachelor's transfer requirements.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Some of the links below access documents in PDF format. You will require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to read these documents. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you will not be able to open any of the PDF files. Please go to the Acrobat Website and download the most recent version of the free Acrobat Reader.
You may download the International Admission Packet
and complete SCC on-line Application
We are accepting students for Fall 2014.
WHAT ARE THE "INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS?"
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL 450 paper/133 computerized/iBT 45 internet based) score, IELTS 6.0 or STEP 2A(Japan only) , please no photocopies. SCC Institutional code is 4670. Or STEP 2A for Japan only.
- Official financial bank letter on bank letterhead showing in the exchange rate of U.S. $19,246.00 for one year of studies. If being sponsored by a U.S. Citizen, an additional Immigration Affidavit of Support Form I-134 is required. Forms are available at www.uscis.gov website. Additional information on F-1 SEVIS regulations and procedures can be found at: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students
- Official high school transcripts and college transcripts, if any. Non-English transcripts should be accompanied by English translation. Please, no photocopies.
- One small photograph, write your name on the back.
- Fully completed SCC International Admission Packet.
- SCC/Los Rios Community College Application for Enrollment, select SCC only. Please complete it online at www.scc.losrios.edu and provide I-Center the Confirmation page.
- U.S. $50.00 nonrefundable foreign student application processing fee payable to Sacramento City College in the form of a check, money order, or cashier's check (do not send cash) payable on a United States bank.
**For Transfer-In students currently studying in the U.S. additional documents are needed:**Upon arrival to the college, proof of LRCCD/SCC Health&Medical Insurance (https://studentinsurance.wellsfargo.com/clients/losrios.aspx) or a comparable plan translated in English with coverage dates.How much will it cost approximately for one (1) academic year that includes two (2) semesters not counting optional summer school classes?
Sorry, no financial aid available. See estimated cost below.
What are the deadline dates for fall or spring semesters in the academic year?
Overseas applicants are advised to apply as early as possible before deadline dates to ensure issuance of document, pre-payment of I-901 with fee, and enough time for your American Consulate appointment/mail-in and interview regarding final SEVIS I-20/F-1 approval status:
Fall Semester = applying outside U.S. is by May 1
Spring Semester = applying outside U.S. is by November 1
**Applicant in the U.S., SCC prefers the same dates as above.
**Note: consideration of rolling application deadlines is handled on a case by case basis looking at the fully completed SCC International Packet, Transfer Authorization, if needed, and documents based on the availability of full-time 12 unit each semester to maintain student status.
What are my general responsibilities as an international F-1 student?
- Keep your passport valid at all times.
- Maintain full-time 12 units enrollment each semester ( W's do not count towards the 12).
- File any necessary extensions of stay before your present stay expires.
- Do not accept off-campus employment without official USCIS permission.
- Do not travel outside the United States, even briefly, without the proper documents signed by SCC P/DSO.
- Meet with the SCC International Coordinator/Counselor at least twice a semester.
- Keep up-dated address with USCIS and College.
Sacramento City College welcomes your visits to determine which colleges to attend.
We welcome your visit to the College and the SCC International Student Center.
Visitors arriving in the U.S. after April 12, 2002 have some restrictions to become a valid
F-1 status within the U.S. Please check the following USCIS website: www.uscis.gov or before traveling to the US, contact American Consulate "with the intent to study as a prospective student" before entering the U.S. If you wish to consult an U.S. Immigration Lawyer (for a fee), see website: www.aila.org
WHAT'S NEW at SCC WHAT'S IS NEW AT ISC?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. WE CAN ASSURE YOU THAT INTERNATIONAL STUDENT GRADUATES AND TRANSFER STUDENTS HAVE EXPRESSED SATISFACTION IN ATTENDING OUR EXCELLENT COLLEGE. THE SCC INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CENTER LOOKS FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR COMPLETED SACRAMENTO CITY COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL PACKET. WE WISH YOU EVERY SUCCESS IN THE FUTURE.