TAX Information Workshop for International (F-1) Students
All F-1 international students who meet the “substantial presence test, which is the number of days living in the United States last 2013 year, must file tax form even if they do not work.”
(1) The following tax links and material will give important filing information for International Students: http://www.utexas.edu/international/taxes/ it will give you filing instructions and will guide you in how to check if you meet the “substantial presence test.” Click on I would like to read more information about how to file taxes then click on step-by-step process.
(2) http://www.utexas.edu/international/taxes/faq.html Frequently asked questions including the deadlines.
(3) http://www.irs.gov/ You can find Internal Revenue Services forms, publications and instructions (F-1 students most of the time use 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ and 8843 and see the instructions given on the forms).<o:p></o:p>
(4) Toll Free IRS Telephone Assistance:
1. General Tax Questions – (800) 829-1040
2. Forms and Pubs – (800) 829-3676
3835 Freeport Boulevard · Sacramento, California 95822
This page was last updated: Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 12:09:44 PM